- Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of a completed application form and are only guaranteed when payment has been cleared through our bank. Payments must be fully made 2 weeks before entering the accommodation. Twin Accommodation reserves the right to cancel a booking for which payment has not been received 7 days before arrival date.
- Students must indicate at time of booking any special requests, dietary needs or allergies.
- Twin Accommodation reserves the right to change an accommodation at any time in the interest of the student or of the homestay host.
- Twin Accommodation reserves the right to cancel accommodation booked if there are concerns about the guest's behaviour. No refunds are made in these circumstances.
- Students leaving accommodation for weekend breaks etc will not be given discounts/refunds.
- Students taking holidays during their placement period must in advance:
a) inform the placement company
b) inform Twin Accommodation and remove all personal belongings from the homestay to prevent being charged.
- Twin Accommodation is not responsible for any damage or loss of property whilst in accommodation arranged by Twin Accommodation. Clients are also advised that they should take out personal/travel insurance to cover their belongings against theft, loss or damage. We are able to arrange such insurance - please refer to the "Insurance" page. Any complaint regarding a host must be made immediately and a complaint form completed. Complaints will be thoroughly investigated and any necessary action will be taken.
- In the event of incompatibility between a guest and a host, Twin Accommodation will find a replacement homestay.
- The normal minimum booking period is as follows:
a) A minimum of 1 week for the longer stay student
b) A minimum of 3 nights for short stay tourist
c) A minimum of 3 nights for short stay groups
- For long-term accommodation, we suggest that the arrival day should be on a Saturday or Sunday. The student should telephone their homestay a few days earlier to give them an approximate arrival time and to check that the arrival time is convenient for them.
- Students wishing to extend their accommodation beyond the end date may do so but must contact our accommodation officer. For extended periods that are shorter than a week, accommodation will be charged on a per night basis.
- There will be no refunds for students leaving pre-booked accommodation early (discretionary refunds may apply under special circumstances). Due to this reason, for the longer term bookings, we suggest that you consider booking for shorter periods and extending your stay if you wish.
- For most accommodation twin rooms are strictly for two people booking together (i.e. friends) for the same dates. The price shown is per person. We cannot guarantee to find a second person to share a twin room.
- Clients must always ask permission before using the host's telephone.
- Clients must always ask permission before using the host's appliances (washing machines, hairdryers etc).
- Clients must always ask permission before allowing friends in the house.
- Clients must take great care not to lose or misuse the key(s) to the home. Please pay attention to the instructions that the homestay host will give you concerning the security of the house (locks, alarms etc). If you lose the keys to the house, you must be prepared to have to pay for the replacement cost.
Cancellations & Refunds - prior to arrival
- If cancellation is received with more than 2 weeks (14 days) notice, we will make a small administration charge of £35.00 to cover our expenses. The balance of the accommodation will be refunded.
- If cancellation occurs with less than 2 weeks (14 days) notice, the cancellation charge will be the equivalent of 2 weeks accommodation fees. The balance of the accommodation will be refunded.
- For cancellations as a result of a refused entry visa, we will need to have sight of the official refusal forms. Once we have official proof, we will refund the amount paid in full.
- All cancellation notifications must be received during normal working hours (Monday to Friday between 09.00-17.30hrs)
Cancellations & Refunds - during stay
- There will be no refunds for students leaving pre-booked accommodation early (discretionary refunds may apply under special circumstances). Due to this, if you book for the long term, we suggest that you consider booking for shorter periods and extending your stay if you wish.
Terms & Conditions for Residential, Flatshare and Hostels
Please request information pertaining to the property or specific option required.